Skip to main content

About BizPaL

BizPaL is an innovative online service that provides you with simplified access to information about business permits, licences and other requirements needed to establish, operate and grow your business.

Benefits of BizPaL?

Finding out which government requirements apply to a certain business type can be time consuming and frustrating. BizPaL was created to help identify what you may need from participating levels of government, quickly and easily. The service is a result of combined efforts by the federal, provincial, territorial and participating municipal governments and is designed with the following benefits in mind:

  • It's free to use
  • It saves time
  • It’s available 24/7

Getting Started

Starting and growing a business can be a challenging experience. That’s why we have made BizPaL as easy to use as possible using a simple three-step process:

Step 1: Select a location
Step 2: Enter a business type
Step 3: Using the checklist, select the activities you may undertake

Based on your selections, the BizPaL service generates a list of permits and licences from participating levels of government, along with basic supporting information. Links to government sites where you can learn more and, in some cases, apply online are also provided. Though every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the content offered on BizPaL, it remains your responsibility to obtain all required permits and licences before starting or expanding a business.

For more information about the national BizPaL program, visit


  • To operate a business in Saskatchewan, your business is required to be registered with the Corporate Registry at Information Services Corporation (ISC), unless you operate as a sole proprietor under your personal name. To register your business, contact the Corporate registry at 1-866-275-4721; by e-mail at; or online at
  • All employers operating in industries covered under Saskatchewan's legislation, which employ workers on a regular, casual or contractual basis, must register with the Workers' Compensation Board (WCB) and establish a WCB account. WCB collects assessment premiums from employers and makes appropriate payments to injured workers from a common fund. Call (306) 787-4370; toll free at 1-800-667-7590; or visit the WCB website at
  • Square One, Saskatchewan’s Business Resource Centre, and member of the Canada Business Network (CBN), consists of a team of professionals dedicated to enhancing the success of the province’s small businesses and entrepreneurs. Square One is a one-stop shop providing information to Saskatchewan entrepreneurs and small-business owners interested in starting or expanding their business. Contact Square One at Email: or Tel: 1.888.576.4444
  • The Ministry of Trade and Export Development provides entrepreneurs, small businesses, co-operatives, organizations and communities with services and advice which focus on business information, opportunities, business retention and expansion, and strategic partnerships. One program provides funding for Small Business Loans Associations. Contact the ministry by visiting the Ministry of Trade and Export Development website.
  • Saskatchewan Employment Standards covers labour legislation in the province. The Employment Standards website covers a variety of topics such as labour relations and mediation, health and safety to prevent work related injuries, and preparing youth for the workplace.
  • First Nations, Métis and Northern Economic Development administers an economic development program with assistance from Saskatchewan Indian Equity Foundation and Clarence Campeau Development Fund. Grants may be provided to First Nations and Métis entrepreneurs who want to get involved in the key strategic growth sectors of the province including energy, mining, forestry, value-added agriculture, manufacturing and Aboriginal-themed tourism. For more information, call toll free 1-866-240-4484; in Regina phone (306) 798-7800 or visit the branch’s website at
  • The Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment issues permits for activities that affect air and water quality, forest resources, wildlife, land use and waste management, If a proposed development is likely to have an impact on the environment, an Environmental Impact Assessment may be required before development begins. The Ministry can help you identify environmental considerations and necessary steps related to your project. Contact the Ministry at 1-800-567-4224, by email at, or online at